When a bus causes an accident In Rhode Island and Providence Plantations or runs over a pedestrian, the victim’s injuries are usually quite severe. Even so, many Rhode Island and out of State bus companies refuse to accept responsibility for the accident caused by bus driver negligence or the company’s failure to provide the driver proper training.
Bus accident lawyers in RI
In the event that the victim of the bus accident does not die from being struck by the large vehicle, they usually suffer severe injury and are often permanently or temporarily disabled. The exceptional size of the heavy RIPTA bus colliding with lighter, smaller passenger vehicles or a pedestrian can be catastrophic to anyone suffering an injury. Every individual involved in a bus accident should seek medical attention immediately to avoid succumbing to a life-threatening injury sustained in the collision.
The most common types of injuries that happen in bus accidents include:
• Traumatic brain injuries
• Spinal cord damage
• Neck injury including whiplash
• Lower back injury including slipped or herniated discs
• Facial lacerations, bruises, cuts and contusions
• Dental injuries
• Fractures and broken bones including broken nose, ankles and knees
Proving Liability in a RI bus wreck
In many incidences, proving liability in a Providence bus accident can be very complicated to litigate. In many cases, multiple parties are at fault for the accident. A skilled RI bus accident attorney can reconstruct the collision to determine which parties, including the driver, are legally responsible. In addition to the bus driver, additional parties at fault could include:
• Bus line management company
• Equipment manufacturers including tire companies and braking system manufacturers
• Other negligent motorists
• Government or municipal entity if it is a public transportation company
Causes of RI bus accident
Once the Rhode Island personal injury lawyer representing the victim can prove who was responsible. In many incidences, the bus accident attorney in RI will hire an investigative team to reconstruct the case to determine exactly how it happened. Common causes for bus accidents in Rhode Island include:
• The bus driver was operating the vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• Operating the bus recklessly
• Driving in poor weather conditions or in weather with low visibility
• Driving a bus with defective equipment
• Mechanical failure
• Improperly maintained bus equipment including driving on faulty tires or brakes
• Driving on dangerous roadways
• Improper lane changing or lack of signaling
• Driver distraction, fatigue, error or inattention
• Aggressive driving
- “PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Two people were treated for injuries Monday after a loose tire apparently hit the side of a RIPTA bus and shattered two windows. The incident took place around 10:45 a.m. on North Main Street. Barbara Polichetti, RIPTA’s director of public affairs, tells 12 News is appears the tire fell from a pickup truck and came crashing into the side of the R-Line bus that was traveling southbound. Two passengers were taken to the hospital by ambulance, according to Polichetti.” WPRI
Hiring a Providence Bus crash Attorney
Filing a claim or lawsuit against a bus company when involved in a Cranston, Warwick or Woonsocket Busing accident is often a complex process. Because additional parties are often usually in the case, hiring a East providence negligence attorney is one way to ensure that you receive adequate recovery compensation for your injuries and damages.
It is essential to ensure that you hire a skilled Providence law firm with experience in bus accidents. This is because a bus lines may have stricter rules and deadlines in personal injury claims because some are owned by government entities. Without the assistance of a competent RI bus collision lawyer, you could lose your right to recover all of your damages including medical bills, lost wages, suffering and pain from your injuries.
A skilled Providence bus accident attorney will build a strong case to prove the negligence of the bus driver and other entities. Your RI lawyer will negotiate an out-of-court settlement through the insurance company that represents the bus line or take the case to trial.
Your Rhode Island personal injury attorney
Your Rhode Island Personal injury attorney has access to the best experts including accident scene re-creationist, medical professionals, automobile safety experts and others in their respective fields. The Woonsocket, Newport or Bristol law firm will review police and accident reports, interview eyewitnesses, other drivers, pedestrians and passengers, analyze medical documents, and handle all correspondence from the insurance company and opposing counsel.
Rhode Island bus accident lawyer
With a Warwick or Cranston lawyer on your side, you are more likely to receive adequate compensation. Reputable Johnston, North Providence or Tiverton law firms handling bus accidents accept cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you can use their legal services without paying any upfront fees.
If a loved one, child, parent, brother or sister is killed in a fatal bus accident in RI then the estate must retain a good RI wrongful death attorney to bring a wrongful death claim in Providence superior court to obtain compensation for the deadly / fatal bus crash.