It is the duty of every property owner, manager or administrator to ensure the safety of the public so that tenants and guests suffer no physical harm on a premises. Unfortunately, many times in Rhode Island, that legal responsibility to provide safety is simply ignored. This could cause an innocent victim to be seriously injured, suffer a debilitating illness from a dangerous exposure or be a victim of a fatal premises liability accident.
If you need to find out the human side of the fatal accident and look behind the statistics, please search: projo obituaries today and projo obituaries past 3 days
Wrongful death in Rhode Island
While filing a wrongful death lawsuit in Providence Superior Court will never put your life back in order after you have lost a loved one through a wrongful death, taking civil action can hold those legally accountable for their neglect, carelessness and malfeasance.
Premises liability wrongful death is often the foundation of many claims and lawsuits filed in Rhode Island on behalf of survivors. Individuals can die on a premises through negligence by a variety of means including:
- Explosion or fire
- Trip and fall accident / RI Slip and Fall
- Animal attacks including dog bites Attacks or assaults
- Negligent security on the premises
- Swimming pool drowning accident
- Defective stairways
- Malfunctioning elevator or escalator
- Chemical and toxic exposure
Survivors seek justice in RI
The surviving family members of a loved one who died in Rhode Island at the hands of another can file a claim against various entities including a homeowner, property owner, landlord, business, and at times, government agencies (based on certain circumstances).
Filing a RI wrongful death claim is significantly more complex than seeking compensation in other kinds of personal injury litigation. The legal fact that the loved one died on another’s premises is often not adequate evidence to obtain compensation. The survivors must show how dangerous conditions on-site directly correlated with the victim’s death. Because of that, claims are often filed through Rhode Island personal injury attorneys who specialize in RI wrongful death cases.
Hiring a Rhode Island premises Liability Lawyer
The Providence wrongful death lawyers will probably show how the victim was a visitor based on one of three specific criteria that includes:
• The victim was an invitee as someone who had an invitation to visit the property to conduct business or is simply a member of the public, or
• The victim was a licensee as someone who entered and remained on the premises to participate in a commercial interaction, or
• Not a trespasser or someone on the site without permission of the owner, manager or administrator
However, there are specific exceptions and nuances concerning premise liability rules in Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. As an example, children visiting the property without an invitation are usually not considered trespassers if the hazard on-site with serve as a draw to children, like an unsupervised pool.
Surviving family members acting through the executor of the estate’s injury lawyer filing a wrongful death claim can seek compensation for damages for those at fault for the fatal slip and fall or premises liability mishap that could include:
• Specific incident-related pain and suffering experienced by the deceased individual prior to their death
• Any medical expenses incurred by the deceased victim prior to death
• The cost of a funeral and burial
• The loss of expected income no longer available because the victim died
• The value of housecleaning, child rearing or other services that would have been provided had the victim not died
• Loss of companionship, love and consortium
• Loss of nurturing, guidance and care the decedent would have provided others
Negligence of another
The aftermath of dealing with the death of a loved one is often extremely challenging. If your spouse, child, parent or other family member died on the premises of another through negligence, it is essential to retain an experienced Rhode Island wrongful death attorney.
East Providence injury law firm
The RI law firm the administrator of the estate hires can build a successful, strong case to ensure you and other family members receive the financial compensation you need to cover your damages, losses, pain and suffering. Your East Providence personal injury lawyer can file a premises liability claim to hold those at fault accountable for the negligence that killed your loved one.
More info here