Even though multi-vehicle pileups in Rhode Island are rare occurrences, they can cause life-threatening injuries, especially when the chain reaction accident happens at high speed. Multi vehicle collisions can occur from various factors. Many RI vehicular crashes involve one vehicle colliding into the back of another causing a chain reaction. High-speed crashes that involve multiple automobiles, motorcycles and semi-tractor trailers often produce numerous fatalities.
compensation for multi vehicle wreck
These types of collisions are stressful and often lead to a complicated legal process as victims attempt to recover damages to compensate them for lost wages, pain and suffering and mounting medical and surgical bills. Victims and surviving family members must often fight aggressively to obtain the compensation they deserve from every party at fault for the collision. Because of that, they often turn to reputable Rhode Island personal injury attorney who specializes in litigating multi-vehicle accident claims and lawsuits in Providence Superior Court.
Determining Fault | Rhode Island personal injury attorney
The initial factor of what caused a multi-car wreck can usually be narrowed down to a single negligent action of one motorist. However, determining what parties are responsible for a RI multi-vehicle automobile accident is often a daunting and confusing task. You will need a Rhode Island personal injury attorney on your side getting you the compensation that you are entitled to for your injuries. Proving responsibility is a crucial element to resolving a Providence RI car accident or motor vehicle crash claim.
Most cases involving RI auto collision compensation are structured around the negligence, recklessness or careless action that caused the accident. Usually, the individual found at fault for the vehicular trucking or motorcycle crash will be required to pay all of the damages caused by their negligence to every victim and surviving family member (acting through the executor of the deceased estate).
Proving fault in a court of law in Kent, Newport or Providence County or to a claims adjuster usually requires a thorough investigation performed as quickly as possible by the Rhode Island personal injury attorneys. This will ensure that all crucial evidence is preserved. Investigators can determine the cause of the multi-vehicle pileup accident. Most claims for compensation are based on factors that include:
• Low visibility created by intense thunderstorms, high winds, blinding snow, freezing sleet or rain showers
• Defective roadway design
• Tailgating or driving too close to the vehicle ahead
• Failing to yield or stop
• Lack of needed road maintenance
• Adverse weather and poor climactic conditions
• Racing or traveling at too fast a speed in poor weather
• Driving and fog, smoke or blowing sand
• Distracted driving caused by texting, speaking on the phone, inattention, eating, drinking, conversing with passengers and other disruptions inside the vehicle
• Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol (drunk driving)
• Rubbernecking where the driver it is distracted while passing some event on the roadway
It is the responsibility of every driver to remain constantly aware of their surroundings to avoid a catastrophic event like a multi-car pileup collision.
Devastating Injuries and Death caused by a Car accident in Rhode Island
Typically, multi-vehicle accidents that occur on the nation’s highways and in Rhode island and Providence Plantations usually result in serious permanent injury or death. Survivors of a multi-vehicle pileup usually suffer catastrophic life-altering harm that includes:
• Severe burns
• Spinal cord injury including paraplegia and quadriplegia
• Traumatic brain injury (TBI), skull fractures, head trauma and scalp lacerations
• Facial injury including bruises, cuts, lacerations, broken bones and broken teeth
• Permanent scarring
• Upper and lower extremity fractures and broken bones
• Internal organ damage
• Limb amputation
• Intangible damage including pain, suffering, emotional distress, mental anxiety and other conditions including PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder)
Searches related to Rhode Island personal injury attorney
- best personal injury lawyer ri
- personal injury lawyer providence ri
- ri car accident lawyer
- car accident lawyer providence ri
- David Slepkow
- Slepkow Slepkow & Associates Inc.
- how to find a personal injury lawyer
- injury attorney near me
- personal injury lawyer reviews
- personal injury lawyer ma
- top rated personal injury lawyers
Filing a Claim for Compensation in Providence Superior Court using a Rhode Island Personal Injury Attorney
In some situations, there are multiple proximate causes of a serious pileup accident, making the case difficult to litigate. As a result, victims and surviving family members will often hire RI personal injury attorneys experienced in these types of cases. Car accident lawyers in RI are experience in negotiating out-of-court settlements with uncooperative drivers and their insurance companies. This can ensure the victim receives the best possible compensation.
Personal injury law firms in Woonsocket, Warwick, Cranston and Pawtucket have access to extensive resources to build a case for financial recompense. Lawyers working on behalf of the victim will file a claim or lawsuit against all parties at fault. In addition, the RI Injury Lawyer will gather evidence, speak to eyewitnesses, review medical records and hire investigators to re-create the scene of the accident to prove the case for compensation.
If you have suffered serious injuries or lost a loved one in a multi-vehicle crash, it is essential to file a claim or lawsuit using a Rhode island personal injury attorney as quickly as possible. This is because litigants lose all rights to file a claim once the state’s statute of limitations expires.
In the event of a fatal automobile or motor vehicle accident the spouse, loved ones or family members acting through the RI wrongful death lawyer retained by the executor of the estate can seek compensation as a result of the deadly accident. In the event of a multi vehicle wreck in which more than 1 person was killed then there may be numerous Rhode Island wrongful death attorneys litigating the cause of action
“Statistics show that the percentage of intoxicated motorcycle riders in fatal crashes is greater than the percentage of intoxicated drivers on our roads. This is why NHTSA urges all motorcycle riders to always ride smart and sober.” http://www.nhtsa.gov/Safety/Motorcycles