- Do not go long periods of time after an accident without obtaining medical treatment. As far as the Insurance Company is concerned, if your not treating- your not hurting. Insurance companies will not take your word that you were in pain and partially disabled when you were not under the care of a physical therapist, primary care doctor or chiropractor. If you are receiving medical treatment as a result of a Providence car wreck then contact, Providence car accident attorney, David Slepkow. ( “An experienced Rhode Island motorcycle attorney has years of hands on experience handling accidents involving a car or truck hitting a bike or other types of motorcycle accident.
- Don’t cancel or miss medical appointments. This shows that you are not serious about your case and will lower your potential settlement. (According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Association, roughly 5,000 pedestrians perish and roughly 80,000 sustain a significant injury in collisions involving motor vehicles. Pedestrian accidents also cause numerous injuries and deaths in Rhode Island.
- Your not a Providence car accident lawyer and have no experience acting as a Rhode Island Car Accident Attorney. Why do you think it is a good idea to represent yourself and negotiate your own auto accident settlement in RI? The liability insurance company will exploit your inexperience and lack of knowledge and offer you peanuts as a settlement. The adjuster knows that you will not be filing a lawsuit in Providence Superior Court, so you have no leverage. A Providence Automobile accident Lawyer knows all about the laws concerning automobile accidents, and can guide the victim in obtaining reasonable compensation.
- If you receive a citation for texting and driving, speeding, reckless driving, failure to yield or any other motor vehicle offense, do not represent yourself in traffic Court. If you are found guilty of a motor vehicle violation then you may ruin your chance of receiving compensation for whiplash, herniated disks or other injuries as a result of you Rhode Island automobile or motor vehicle crash case.
- If you are seriously injured in a RI motor vehicle collision then you should leave the scene of the accident by ambulance. Otherwise, obtain medical treatment as soon as possible. If you wait too long to see your primary care doctor or obtain physical therapy or begin treatment with a chiropractor then the Insurance Company may seek to discredit your allegations. The adjuster will claim that your injury was not caused by the Providence Car wreck. ( Dog Bites – Claim Rightful Compensation with the Help of an Attorney:
If you are suspicious that a motorcycle or truck motorist was:
- at fault for the collision
- reckless driving
- drinking and driving
- texting and driving or
- guilty of distracted driving
then notify the police officer at the scene of the automobile accident. If you have evidence of criminal or reckless driving then it is imperative that you bring this to the attention of the police investigating the accident. The police may overlook something important.
- Do not post information on Facebook, twitter or other social networks which indicates or tends to indicate that you are not injured or that your RI Personal Injury claim is not legitimate. Do not allow others to post such information either! If you are asserting that you are unable to work and are totally disabled then the picture of you lifting 200 pound barbells at the local gym, that your buddy Jonathon posted, will not help your case. In fact such information may derail your Rhode Island Car Accident cause of action. (Rhode Island Truck Accident Information – Semi Trucks, Tractor Trailer and Big Rig Crash)
Legal Notice per Rules of Professional Responsibility: The Rhode Island Supreme Court licenses all lawyers and attorneys in the general practice of law, but does not license or certify any lawyer / attorney as an expert or specialist in any field of practice. While this firm maintains joint responsibility, most cases of this type are referred to other attorneys for principle responsibility. providence car accident