Defective brakes and tires may lead to serious or even fatal accidents. Car or truck manufacturers have a legal responsibility for the safety of every vehicle they design and manufacture. This often requires extensive research and continuous testing where companies become aware of the vehicle’s inefficiencies and other serious problems. The protection and safety of all vehicle occupants should be the leading priority for every automobile manufacturer.
Common Defective Automotive Parts
Unfortunately, many car companies place profits ahead of consumer safety, leading to serious accidents involving catastrophic injury and death. In some instances , motorists and automobile owners are at fault for not inspecting , repairing and or replacing defective brakes, tires, lights etc. Visit website for more info.
Worn down brakes
Nearly every product used in the automobile manufacturing process is designed to be safe and manufactured correctly after being sufficiently tested to ensure there is no risk of danger to occupants in the car or truck. However, some defective parts still make it into the vehicle and eventually cause serious problems that result in personal injuries and wrongful death.
Some of these effective products include:
• Seat Belt Failure – If a vehicle driver or passenger was involved in an accident and was ejected, investigators will attempt to determine if they were wearing their seat belts or if it failed to hold them properly inside the vehicle.
• Faulty Brakes – Malfunctioning or defective brakes can easily lead to a serious collision, injuring or killing vehicle occupants or innocent bystanders.
• Bad Tires – A tire blowout can easily cause the vehicle to rollover or swerve out of control, making it nearly impossible for even the most proficient motorist to regain control.
• Failing Airbag – Sadly, many airbags are defective in their design and will inflate unexpectedly, not inflate fully or not at all.
• Exploding Gas Tank – If the gas tank is installed without proper protection under the vehicle, a blunt force impact can cause the tank to rupture and explode.
• Accelerator Pedal Problems — Automobile manufacturers have recalled many cars that have defective accelerator pedals known to stick in place and remain depressed, which can cause unintended or sudden acceleration.
• Overall vehicle design that creates the propensity of a van or SUV rollover.
In many situations, the automobile manufacturer is fully aware of the defective part and its potential liability, but still refuse to recall the car and truck until it is no longer financially feasible to avoid the problem.
Nationwide Automobile Recalls
In the automobile industry, 2012 was an exceptional year, where automobile manufacturers recalled almost the same number of vehicles as they sold. Statistics maintained by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) indicates that approximately 14.3 million vehicles (past and current models) were recalled compared to the 14.5 million vehicles sold that year.
Unsafe vehicle parts
While the number of recalls is staggering, it represents only a small part of all vehicles on the road with known design flaws and manufacturing defects. Even though automakers have a responsibility to provide reasonable care to consumers by selling reliable safe vehicles, many of them decide to disregard that responsibility. That decision recklessly endangers the health, lives and well-being of millions of individuals who purchase their vehicles or drive their cars and trucks on the nation’s roadways.
RI personal injury lawyer
While the automotive industry relies on consumers to generate its profits, it often abandons its customers at the first sign of a major defect that causes accidents with injuries and death. Unfortunately, many RI vehicle accidents are not the cause of drivers’ negligence, adverse weather conditions or poorly maintained roads, but from defective designs and faulty manufacturing processes. However, filing a product liability lawsuit or claim for compensation can be very complex and require the skills of an aggressive personal injury attorney.
Rhode Island defective brakes lawyer
A skilled RI car accident lawyer or Rhode Island product liability attorney must prove how the cause of the accident with injuries or death is directly associated with the design or manufacturing process of the automobile or its parts. Through forceful legal representation, your Providence negligence attorney can file a claim against all parties responsible for the accident, which could include the manufacturer, distributor, retailer, installer or repair shop that built or maintained the vehicle. Successful RI personal injury law firms can fight back against insurance companies and large corporations hoping to hold onto their profits by passing the cost to the injured victim.