If you believe you have been injured due to professional negligence by a doctor or healthcare provider, you may need the services of a medical malpractice attorney. This will show you some key steps and questions involved in hiring an attorney, because it can appear to be a daunting task if you’ve never done it before. You don’t want to hire just any Rhode Island Personal injury attorney, but the right one, such as one that would meet certain criteria, as will be discussed later.
Rhode Island Medical Malpractice attorney
The First step is embarking on your search for a RI medical malpractice attorney. But before we go into detail about the actual search, here’s some key criteria that you want your Providence Medical Malpractice lawyer to meet:
- Experience in representing clients who have filed lawsuits for medical malpractice
- Charges a legal fee that you consider reasonable
- Someone you can foresee working with for months or however long it takes for the case to be resolved
- Suggest a valuable strategy for handling your case
- Makes you feel confident in their abilities and judgment
- Gives you a realistic estimate of how much money you may recover if your RI medical malpractice case is settled or taken to trial In Providence Superior Court.
Finding a top RI medical malpractice lawyer
There are a number of ways to identify RI med mal attorneys in Providence that are qualified, here we’ll cover two. The first being a website or service that connects you to at least one attorney in your area. Another option is to ask your friends or family to see if they’ve had an attorney such as one that you are looking for. Many lawyers get a lot of their business through referrals so this is a good option.
Once you’ve found attorney(s) of interest, prepare to meet with and interview each of them in what is called the initial consultation. Most attorneys in the field of personal injury or medical malpractice do not charge for this initial meeting. Write down what happened, provide documentation related to the incident, and medical bills since the incident. Important Documentation includes medical records, test results, and more. The medical records are especially important because some Medical Malpractice attorneys need to analyze this to determine if there is a case. Have some questions on hand to get an idea of who you’re working with and if they meet criteria. Some sample ideal questions are:
Questions to ask Providence medical malpractice lawyers
- How much do you charge for services, and how is payment made?
- What are your impressions of the case?
- How much experience do you have with medical malpractice cases?
As you actually meet with the Personal injury attorney, you want to take notes, especially when your questions are answered. If more than one attorney seems like a good candidate, you may want to get some outside feedback through references, ultimately making your decision.
Contact Attorney David Slepkow for a free case evaluation with no obligation, if you or or loved one has suffered at the hands of any medical practitioner, nursing home or hospital in Rhode Island. www.lawyersource360.com