Unfortunately, accidents are a part of life. Millions of people are affected by auto, work, or other accidents each year. It is important to follow a few steps when involved or injured in a car accident. If you have been involved or injured in an accident, contact a Rhode Island Personal Injury Lawyer immediately.
Steps after a RI car accident
- Evaluate your physical self. If you are feeling any sort of pain or discomfort, it is best to seek medical attention immediately. Many people involved in accidents feel they are fine, but later begin to suffer from pain due to issues they did not know existed. It is normal to call an ambulance when an accident occurs so do not be afraid to seek this help.
- Call law enforcement. Whether your accident was a minor or major one, it is best to notify the police. Many states, including Rhode Island, require police notification once an accident has occurs.
- Seek medical attention even after being evaluated. You must see a medical professional when the accident first occurs, but follow up appointments must also be a priority. Even if there have been no actual injury, follow ups are important so everyone involved in the legal case will understand you are taking this case seriously. If an injury has occurred, medical follow up appointments will be necessary for your physical well being.
- If you are suffering, make sure to get help. Insurance companies will only provide coverage that you need if you are really seeing your medical providers. If you are saying you are in pain, make sure you are getting the treatment recommended or they will not pay the medical bills.
- Rhode Island Personal Injury Lawyers must be notified of all medical care. If you are seeking treatment by a physical therapist, chiropractor, psychologist or primary care doctor, your attorney must be kept aware of all appointments, treatment and prescriptions.
- Discuss the accident with an East Providence injury attorney before talking to insurance. Rhode Island Personal Injury Lawyers should be notified before consulting with your insurance companies. This is to ensure your insurance company pays out what you truly deserve and not the minimum amount. Your attorney will have your best interest at heart.
- Pictures are proof. You should take pictures of all vehicles involved in an accident immediately after. Although you may be injured, make sure to have friends or family take many pictures of the area, the vehicles, and everyone involved. This is the proof you and your attorney will need when involved in a legal case.
- Let your RI Personal Injury Lawyer or East Providence injury attorney handle legal matters. Do not sign any medical release forms. Many individuals are not capable of fully understanding these documents, so if you’re one of them, it’s best to allow your attorneys to handle these.
- Hire a Rhode Island lawyer or an East Providence injury attorney or vehicle citations, too. Many accidents may involve you or the other driver getting a vehicle citation. If you have violated a law, your accident case may involve a guilty charge against you. Allow your attorney to represent you in regards of a motor vehicle citation to ensure your status in the accident case.
- Don’t allow the insurance adjuster to influence you. Your insurance adjuster may recommend certain things that may affect you in a negative way. They may push you to settle your case in hopes of paying you less money. Your Rhode Island Personal Injury Lawyer will help you get what you deserve.
East Providence injury attorney
If you have been injured in a Rhode Island car, truck or motorcycle accident, contact David Slepkow for a free case evaluation at (401) 437-1100